1. Advising the Leaders of the Center in strategy formulation, including annual plans, five-year plans and long-term plans about marine hydro-meteorological forecasting, and implementation after approval.
- Performing operational marine hydro-meteorological forecasting across the territorial waters of Vietnam:Forecasting marine hydro-meteorological factors for areas under the current regulations.
- Warning and forecasting dangerous marine hydro-meteorological phenomena under current regulations
- Forecasting tide for Vietnams coastal areas, islands and their neighboring areas
2. Leading in reporting on dangerous marine hydro-meteorological phenomena, and operatonal forecast; participating in publications of meteorological characteristics.
3. Participating in research and applying advanced techniques and establish methods for marine hydro-meteorological forecasting, monitoring of climate change on sea level rise.
4. Developing and participating in building standards, technical regulations, procedures, statutes, regulations and operational guidance on the work of marine hydro-meteorological forecasting; participating in training, guidance and being trained in operational marine hydro-meteorological forecasting.
5. Attending the implementation of the consultant contract, services in marine hydro-meteorological forecasting and marine environment for agencies, organizations and individuals in accordance with law and assigned by the Director of the Center.
6. Participating in international cooperation on marine hydro-meteorological forecasting and other related areas as assigned by the Director of the Center.
7. Attending the propagation and dissemination of knowledge of marine hydro-meteorology in order to raise public awareness of the prevention and mitigation of damage caused by natural disasters as assigned by the Director of the Center.
8. Managing officials, employees and assets of the division under the provisions.
9. Performing other duties assigned by the Director of the Center.